Warm-up routine for a refreshing padel game
Every player must follow a set of exercises as a padel tennis warm up routine before commencing their game. One of the primary reasons to do so is because it helps prepare your body for an intensive game. Padel is a fast-paced sport which requires overall body stability and flexibility.
Following are some of the best practices you can do in order to help prepare for a relaxing game of padel.
- Neck – Before you commence your game of padel, lightly stretch and relax your neck muscles. The possibility of straining your neck muscles is high if you do not relax it from time to time.
- Arms and shoulder – Another crucial part of our body that is heavily utilized are arms and shoulder. Swing a padel racket with such force and momentum does create a leave of stress on your shoulders and arms. Therefore, it is necessary to relax and strengthen these muscles. Rotating your arms slowly in clockwise and counterclockwise direction can be helpful.
- Hips – Moving down from your upper body, the hips of padel players are essential in playing padel. The body of the padel player is constantly moving in various directions during chase and smash. Therefore, the probability of creating tension in your hips is high. In order to relax the muscles, you can do basic hip adjustments and relaxing exercise. By moving your hip in clockwise and counterclockwise directions.
- Legs and ankles – Last but not the least, is another vital body component that is important while playing padel, that is your legs and ankles. A player’s legs and ankles are stretched and flexed in all kinds of directions, depending on the shots you select. Therefore, the impact of pressure is inevitable on these parts. However, there are ways to reduce the possibility of strain by doing light leg exercises.
Why is it important to follow a warm-up routine before a game?
Relaxing your muscles before a game of padel is why a warm-up routine is necessary. Every athlete, irrespective of the sport, follows a strict pre-game routine to relax the tension of their muscles, and prepare for an adrenaline-packed game.
Padel in particular is a fast-paced sport. Therefore, the stretching and contrasting of muscles is inevitable. Apart from staying fit and eating healthy, a padel player must follow a dedicated warmup routine.
Top benefits of padel tennis training: A pre-game warm-up
There are several benefits to maintaining a proper padel tennis training routine. Following is a detailed elaboration of all the pros of performing a pre-game routine.
- A proper warm-up or training routine helps strengthen the muscles
- Constant flexing of the muscles helps it memorize certain movements
- Training reduces the chances of suffering any form of muscle cramp or tear
- Pre-game warm-up reduces muscle tension
- Padel training routine creates proper body balance and improves stability
- Maintaining a proper training routine also helps increase pace and mobility
- Performing a pre-game warm-up helps increase body flexibility during the game
How long before your game of padel should you warm-up?
You should warm-up at least 30 minutes before your game of padel. Always arrive early at the venue. Unpack your padel equipment, put on your padel attire and begin with your padel warm-up session. It’s always important to warm-up ahead of time so that your muscles are ready for an intensive game of padel.
You must also note that playing padel soon after your warm-up is not advisable. Instead, a good 5 minute break right before your game and after your warm-up is needed.
Other essential padel training aspects you must note
A simple padel tennis warmup before your game wouldn’t suffice. What we mean by this is that every padel player must follow a disciplined routine of exercises and training. An athlete irrespective of the sport should prepare their body for the sport they play.
Similarly, while playing padel, a player would stretch their muscles, apply force on their legs, swing their arms for a shot, hence, going through intense body pressure. This in itself is a great exercise to the body. However, you must prepare your physicality for it by training every day.
Padel tennis training: A routine you must follow
A player must perform a padel tennis warm-up to relax and kickstart their body for an adrenaline-packed game of padel. Following all the padel tennis training tips we have mentioned can substantially improve your experience of playing padel. It will not only reduce the chances of muscle tear and injuries but also create a happy playing environment.